We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Kapu.co.tz and its affiliates collect and process your personal information through
Kapu websites, devices, products, services, online and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “Kapu Services”). By using Kapu Services, you are
consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Kapu
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Kapu Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Kapu Services.
Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Kapu Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Kapu Services. Like many websites, we
use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Kapu Services and other content served by or on behalf of Kapu on other websites.
from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
WHAT PURPOSES DOES KAPU USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
troubleshoot, and improve Kapu Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Kapu Services.
and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Kapu Services.
with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers’ information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification
and other purposes.
with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Kapu Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Kapu, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does Kapu Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries Kapu.com,
Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
involving Third Parties: We make available to your services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Kapu Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores, download
applications from third-party application providers from our App Store, and enable third-party skills through our Alexa services. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as co-branded credit cards.
You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information
from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing
customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made
in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Kapu.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred
of Kapu and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms
and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Kapu, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose
personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs. Click here for more information on how to manage the security
settings of your device.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how
to sign off.
What About Advertising?
Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Kapu Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising,
and services. For more information about third-party advertising at Kapu, including interest-based ads, please read our Interest-Based Ads policy. To adjust your advertising preferences, please go to the Advertising
of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Kapu ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly
identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event
so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers. You can learn more about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by going to the
Advertising Preferences page.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, Prime membership, household settings, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website. Click here for a list of examples
that you can access.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our Kapu Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Kapu Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in
What Information Can I Access. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app
- If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your Advertising
- The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies or other identifiers, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to block cookies altogether.
to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Services that require you to Sign in. For more information about cookies and other identifiers, see our
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account here and blocking cookies on your browser.
- You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable Kapu website (e.g., in "Manage Your Content and Devices"), device, or application. For more information, click here.
Most non-Kapu devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about
how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- If you are a seller, you can add or update certain information in Seller
Central, update your account information by accessing your Seller
Account Information, and adjust your e-mail or other communications you receive from us by updating your Notification Preferences.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain
services may be limited or unavailable.
Children Allowed to Use Kapu Services?
Kapu does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Kapu Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information
from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
When a buyer or seller issue arises, we may consider the user's performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement in an effort to do the right thing for both buyers and